Writing & Research Fellow
We are hiring a Writing & Research Fellow in TR's Equity Innovation Studio.
The Equity Innovation Studio is the 'smart-beat' of TR. Made up of practitioners of Just Transformation, the EI studio feels a lot like a think tank, but uses research acumen that is relevant, active, and applicable to daily life. For many communities, innovations can be more of a bane rather than a boon. Coupling equity and innovation offer countless possibilities to transform systems. TR's EI studio practices systems change design.
This position directly reports to the Equity Innovation Studio Director. The Writing & Research Fellow is a part-time role supporting our research efforts across the studio showcasing key insights and writes pieces that will communicate our work thoughtfully and impactfully. The Fellow assists the Studio Director, and others to compose and draft writings, as well as contribute sound quantitative and qualitative research acumen.
Compensation includes a competitive monthly stipend. The role is part-time or 20-30 hours per week.
People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Analyzing quantitative data, and reviewing and summarizing secondary data, including research reports and client background materials
- Research modeling for client and stakeholder projects
- Actively participating in team meetings to discuss and develop findings and recommendations
- Developing written reports and presentations summarizing analysis and recommendations
- Assist the Director of the Equity Innovation Studio in planning and facilitating meetings with boards, staff members, and other stakeholders
- Writing articles, opinion editorials, and other pieces for client organizations and for the Firm
- Preparing and giving presentations on issues of equity, social innovation, and diversity & inclusion for clients and other stakeholders
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with prospective clients
- Supporting clients on equity and diversity implementation
- Facilitate and Training on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and/or Othering and Belonging
- Conduct research and policy briefs for client-partners
- 1 – 4 years of relevant work experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Masters or other Advanced Degree in relevant field to equity and social innovation work
- Previous experience with consulting and/or project management
- Experience working in diverse communities and across social, economic, and cultural differences
- Cultural writing skills
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ph.D., Ph.D. candidate, or degree in field relevant field equity, sociology, demography, and social innovation
- Certificate or relevant credential in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Previous experience polling and/or data collection
Who is TR?
Think Rubix is a social innovation consultancy. We help entrepreneurs, leaders, and decision-makers harness the transformative power of culture.
We are political strategists, researchers, writers, designers, and equity innovators.