We are hiring a Campaign Fellow in our Engagement Studio.
Our Engagement studio is in the business of winning people. For us, engage is a small word with big meaning. So we explore the expanse of that meaning in our engagement studio practice. We view people as voters, workers, and consumers; innovators and changemakers; parents, children, and community across cultures, globally. We focus on harnessing the collective power of people to center inclusion in the public square.
This position reports directly to the Director of the Engagement Studio.
The Campaign Fellow will support the Engagement Studio by getting hands-on experience in campaign management, strategy, and messaging. We are committed to teaching our fellows about campaigns, organizing, and helping them forge strong connections within the political community. We are looking for individuals who are looking to gain political experience on top-tier, nationally targeted campaigns.
Compensation includes a competitive monthly stipend. The role is part-time or 20-30 hours per week.
People of color, women, people who are differently-abled, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Actively participating in team meetings to discuss and develop recommendations.
- Assisting the Director of the Engagement Studio in planning and facilitating meetings with campaign stakeholders.
- Preparing and giving presentations on issues of organizing, funding, etc.
- Developing written reports and presentations summarizing analysis and recommendations.
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with prospective clients.
- Previous experience in organizing strategy and canvassing experience
- Knowledge of politics on a local and national level
- Experience with VoteBuilder, NGPVAN, and/or ActBlue
- Be able to help create a long-term plan, monitor progress, and stick to goals.
- Ability to work well with a team, under deadlines, and with a positive, asset-based attitude.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in politics, campaigns, and willingness to learn
- Experience working with local level organizers and organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
- Experience working in diverse communities and across social, economic, and cultural differences
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships internally and with prospective client contacts and partners
- Experience in the political environment on at least two cycles
- Experience with content creation and production for campaigns
- Experience with email marketing and web analytics
- Experience with small scale and large scale fundraising
- Experience working with national-level organizations
- Experience interpreting data such as polling, focus groups, interviews, feedback from community meetings, and making decisions based on this type of information
Who is TR?
Think Rubix is a social innovation consultancy. We help entrepreneurs, leaders, and decision-makers harness the transformative power of culture.
We are political strategists, researchers, writers, designers, and equity innovators.