Think Rubix is a social innovation consultancy. We help entrepreneurs, leaders, and decision-makers harness the transformative power of culture.
What is Social Innovation
Social Innovation is organizing businesses, nonprofits, and governments to address complex social challenges at their roots in order to create systems of equity and improve the quality of culture.
How Does TR Work?
Think Rubix is a social innovation consultancy. We work with nonprofits, businesses, and governments to create collaborative solutions to systemic inequity. We advance authentic storytelling, policy-making, and political strategies. We engage in systems change to better culture. We organize people.
At its core, Think Rubix practices change. Change management. Systems change. Culture Change. To construct changemaking strategies, Think Rubix uses a suite of tools housed across three interdisciplinary studios: the Engagement studio; the Equity Innovation studio; and the Storytelling studio. We’re built for the impossible. We make problem-solving simple.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the management and coordination of the firm’s day-to-day operations to ultimately maintain and increase productivity and efficiency. The incumbent will work to grow the efficiency of existing operational processes and procedures, and work closely with the Director of Operations and Business Development to accomplish short and long-term operational goals and business strategies.
To ensure success you should have a clear understanding of our Firm’s core values, particularly the social innovation framework. The candidate should know Think Rubix intimately and be well equipped to pitch and promote Think Rubix. Top candidates will be exemplary leaders, have superb business acumen, and have a solid understanding of business development and business operations.
- Evaluate, monitor, and improve the financial, technology, and administrative systems, in a way that promotes an effective smooth-running organization
- Coordinate with company accountant/bookkeeping to ensure accurate Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, preparation of all financial reports, and engage in cost-benefit analysis
- Perform financial operations including invoicing, payroll, transactions, contracts, and vendors
- Establish and maintain credible relationships through constant communication with management, directors, associates, and vendors
- Oversee equipment and inventory management and tracking
- Collaborates with transitions and onboarding team members as needed
- Manage and maintain HR systems, candidate recruitment, and onboarding processes
- Provide cross-studio learning opportunities to ensure consistency and quality standards are met
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Maintain TR operations and standard operating procedure manuals and keep the information proprietarily
- Support the existing project management procedures and provide staff support for the acquisition and retention of clients
- Experience working with a team of consultants with varying stakes, and perspectives.
- Experience managing aspects of project production, including timelines, sizable budgets and resourcing on accelerated timelines
- Proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully
- Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership
- Strong social emotional intelligence
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships internally and with prospective client contacts and partners
- Experience supporting human resources and payroll
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Econ or related field
- 3+ years operations experience
- Possession of key competencies, including strategic performance management, project management, conflict management, business negotiation, and agile-organizational management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel)
- Refined ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills (bilinguistics a plus)
- Master’s degree in field relevant to business administration or marketing
- Bookkeeping and financial reporting experience
- Background in lean modeling/methodologies
- Previous experience in social innovation, social impact workspaces
- Certificate or other credential in diversity, equity, and inclusion a plus
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience with operational and sales software
Compensation includes a competitive salary based on experience and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation, and a generous remote work policy.
*People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.*