Director of Business Development
We are hiring a Director on TR's Management Team.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for leading the firm’s sales, marketing, and proposal management efforts. They will lead market development, account planning, pipeline origination/qualification/development, pursuit team assembly and opportunity to drive new sales.
To ensure success you should have a clear understanding of our Firm’s core values, particularly the social innovation framework. Top candidates will be exemplary leaders, have superb business acumen and have solid understanding of business development.
Compensation includes a competitive salary based on experience and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation, and a generous remote work policy.
People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Build market awareness of Think Rubix services offerings, capabilities, and credentials.
- Responsible for developing the framework and strategic direction to enter new markets, sell new products, and develop our lines of business.
- Lead proposal management, including having subject matter expertise in all Think Rubix service offerings to be a lead technical writer for proposals.
- Work with Think Rubix studio heads and external business partners to drive new opportunities in target accounts within assigned industries.
- Primary lead to grow the firm's footprint and bottom line, including end-to-end deal-making to secure new clients for the firm.
- Educate and develop Think Rubix staff, studio heads, and clients on how Think Rubix portfolio of offerings help address client needs or solve client issues with storytelling, equity innovation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Bring focus, energy, and go-to-market skills to help our firm win more business, close cycle times, and improve our overall win rate.
- Experience working with a team of consultants with varying stakes, and perspectives.
- Proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully.
- Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership.
- Intuition for who needs to weigh in on what and when.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships internally and with prospective client contacts and partners.
- Ability to close deals with support from management.
- Bachelor’s degree in field relevant to equity and social innovation.
- Master’s degree in field relevant to equity and social innovation
- Background in lean experimentation modeling
- Previous experience with social innovation & systems change work
- Certificate or other credential in Equity
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience building out schedules of fees and pricing schemes
- Experience with proposal software use for proposal generation
Who is TR?
Think Rubix is a social innovation consultancy. We work with nonprofits, businesses, and governments to create collaborative solutions to systemic inequity. We advance authentic storytelling, policy-making, and political strategies. We engage in systems change to better culture. We organize people.